Post Pregnancy Shopping - Inspiration Stella McCartney

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Let's face it. Nobody wants to buy clothes in bigger sizes. But there are times in life when you have to surrender. Like having a baby and realizing you're still pounds away from your original weight and the 5 year old, jersey maxi dress you've been wearing nearly every day just ain't cuttin' it anymore. (Have you missed my fashion posts? Ya, me too.) 

I promise to get back to it. In the meantime, I vow to show you (in all painful honesty) what a real post-baby body looks like. And I will start next week. (Gulp.) I know, I'm scared too.

Why do this? Because I think that's more important than hiding out for a couple of months and making my readers feel like I'm some sort of anomaly. I'm not. I'm just a regular mama who's going to have to work at it like the rest of world. 

So, here we go... here's my first inspiration and the key pieces I ordered online to get me through.

Inspiration: This Stella McCartney look. 

I found these ridiculously similar pants (on sale here!) at Gap and decided to grab this easy cami for layering too.  I already own a similar sweater and although I'm still searching for the perfect, black tuxedo blazer, I think I might have something in my closet that will suffice to get this look rockin' and this mama out in the world again. Stay tuned. 



PS - You were worth every pound, little man.