Easy Peasy Strawberry Cheesecake

Monday, September 10, 2012

OK, kids... I'm about to jump back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon to shed these remaining baby pounds... but before I do, I wanted to share a super simple recipe to one of my all time favorite desserts - cheesecake. 
Longing for something sweet and light as the last days of summer come to a close? This recipe is so easy, and you likely have several ingredients already in your house.  I don't think I invented this recipe, however, I didn't follow one and just whipped it up one evening after dinner. I was still pregnant at the time and my hands just followed my cravings around the kitchen. (Something that happens quite often when you're knocked up.) After some research I found it's just one of those common, simple baker tricks. Who knew? 


Ingredients: 
  • Graham cracker pie crust (I had one frozen in my freezer)
  • Tub of frozen cool whip (or organic whipped topping, which we prefer)
  • Whipped cream cheese
  • Sliced strawberries
  • Brown sugar to taste

Whip  together cool whip and cream cheese with a Kitchenaid or hand mixer. Sprinkle in some brown sugar to taste, about 2 tsp. (I just wanted to add a bit more sweetness and the brown sugar created a sweet granulated texture that I liked.) Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes - the longer the better. Meanwhile, slice up your strawberries or other fruit. Add berries on top. Refrigerate until served. Done and yum!