Dempsey Sisters

Monday, August 6, 2012


I've been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to have the women that I do in my life... particularly my sisters. This shot was taken on my birthday, just a few months after I had my little Stella. 

I love this pic because it captures each of us in such a happy and defined way:

Me, the actress turned designer/stylist/mommy.
Mandy, the singer/songwriter/mommy.
Lisa, the makeup artist/hair dresser/painter.
Leah, the ditto, ditto, ditto (they're twins, and rock the industry like no others.)
All of us, so alike in so many ways, yet so different too.

Although it's rare that we all find ourselves in the same place at the same time these days, my sisters and I always find a way to come together when it means the most. 

In milestones. Babies being born. Big birthdays celebrated. Heartbreak and tears. Joy beyond belief. Fresh starts. 

This photo reminds me that no matter what is going on in life, no matter how different our lives may be, how many times we may have argued or hurt one another... how many miles, opinions, thoughts, or differences may come between us from time to time... we will always have each other. We will be connected in a way that nobody else can ever take from us. Especially when it's needed the most. 

I love you, my beautiful sissies. And I can't wait to share another big milestone with you... the birth of my son.