A perfect evening

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Please excuse the iPhone snaps, there's an issue with my Nikon and it's going into repair (hopefully not for long!) But I couldn't wait to share this amazing dress I wore to dinner over our mini staycation. Since it's a non-maternity dress, the elastic draw string is meant to be worn mid waist, but I pulled it up over my bump, and it worked like a charm!  
I think the back is my favorite part. 
Because I pulled the dress up higher than usual, I didn't need to hem it either! It was the perfect length for embellished flat sandals. If you're pregs like me, try it - it totally works. I love that I can keep this beauty post pregnancy and wear the hell out of it with my highest wedges later. (How I miss you, wedges...)
I also discovered the easiest way to do this tiny knot bun, when I just didn't have the energy to wash and set my hair. (We were after all, on vacation!)
1. Spray a bit of dry shampoo 2. Lift the roots with fingers 3. Secure hair half up with a mini claw clip (like these here4. Wrap a piece of hair around the clip to hide it 5. Secure with bobby pin 
Dinner at Fig (yum!) and that one-on-one hubs time I'd been longing for, made for the perfect evening... 
Now if only we could go back!

Dress - Calypso St. Barth (use code inthefampc12 for 20% off thru 4/28!)
Earrings - Forever21
Bracelet - JewelMint (use code la111 for 50% off!)
Sandals - Report


*20 weeks pregnant

9 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! love this dress

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look really fab !i love it!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so stunning, you could take a picture with a disposable camera and it would look great.

    This dress is Ah-Maze-Ing!! You look perfect in it, and I love the fact that you'll be able to wear it post-bump as well!

    Gorgeous! (And I love the gladiator flats). They're my favorite staples both on vacay and otherwise. I can live in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous dress and it looked perfect on your baby bump!! those one on one moments are so treasured, hooray for staycations!! :)

    xoxo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ob-sessed with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair and the dress! Well basically all of it :)

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous dress and cute toe polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...