Vintage Dress inspired by Tiffany's

Friday, September 16, 2011

Breakfast, that is.

When my partner over at Secondhand Star found this dress and reworked it with her ever impressive design and sewing skills, I couldn't help but think of a certain icon, and movie in particular. So I begged to take it out for a test run myself!

And what better reason than to a B&W cocktail party I was throwing in honor of one of my most stylish and dearest friends, the gorgeous Miss Annabel Schofield?
Hosted in tandem with the fabulous and massively impressive talent, shoe designer Jerome Rousseau. {Read about him in a Bazaar article here, noted as one of the most promising accessories designers during NYFW & check out some of his shoes being rocked by Hollywood here and here. A-MAAAZING.}
The night was a love-fest of good friends, good food, good conversation and flowing pink champagne.  I can't imagine a better way to spend a Friday night.
{Or a better reason to steal a friend's dress!}
Click here to see how this baby come to life! {Side note - it was about 5 times bigger & without any bling!}
Dress - Vintage redesign via Secondhand Star, Shoes - Vince Camuto Moma's, Clutch - Vintage redesign by me ("Pollack" splattered acrylic paint) Shrug - Vintage Fur, Earrings (worn in first 2 photos) - Pearl clip-on heirlooms from Grandma-in-law. My lovely friends Annabel & Jerome are also wearing vintage. Jerome's tie was found at Portobello market in London. See why I adore them both to pieces?