Sunday Finds - Monday Morning - $1 Jeans!

Monday, July 18, 2011

I'll let you in on a little secret... I have a thrifting addiction. Oh, you already knew that? Well, let's get specific here, my addiction has turned ritualistic by way of heading to my favorite thrift store every Sunday morning, where a whole slew of goodies gets marked down to $1 price tags.
Call me economical, but you can't by much for $1.00 these days. So I'm one of those crazy ladies standing outside the door, waiting for the clock to tick 10AM. I simply cannot smile big enough when I grab a score like this. 
On occasion it's simply a rad pair of jeans like these vintage inspired numbers I grabbed last week. (I'm not kidding, they were $1! And seeing as though a recent obsession of mine is the Drama Wide Leg by Mother Demin, just north of a $300 price tag, I'd say I did pretty well!)
I absolutely LOVE scoring a major design piece that my partner & I can reconstruct at Secondhand Star, (see latest here & here) but sometimes it's a just a great staple that some gracious girl decided to gift me by way of donation. (Thank you girl who gave up these jeans! Truth be told, I cannot gain an OUNCE if I want to continue wearing these, but maybe that's a good thing.)
Anyway, I'll be sharing what I find every Sunday, every Monday morning! (Now get your own butt to your local thrift store!)

And now for the goods I found yesterday... Two awesome necklaces:
I usually don't allow myself to go near anything over $1. On occasion I stray. This silver circle chain beauty had me out $2 bucks & I was thrilled because I've been on the hunt for major statement necklaces lately.
This wrap tassel chain was found at a yard sale on my drive back from the thrift store (see? addiction!) I love it. It can be tripled up, hung long & low, layered with other pieces, or worn as a belt - a buck!

These two blouses were each marked down to $1. The white linen is a Max Studio stunner in mint condition & will transition perfectly from Summer to Fall...
The gorgeous royal blue vintage blouse has me imagining fitted pencil skirts and secretary glasses for my next interview/event hosting gig... So while these babies get cleaned up at the dry cleaner, I'll try to curb my addiction til next week. 

29 comments:

  1. One dollar?! You look like a million bucks. :)

    Jenn
    Secondhand Stylist Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible finds! You look great in those jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit! love the jeans

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple outfit, you look amazing in it!

    Georgie
    xx

    http://styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tassle chain!

    i'm still looking for a good pair of wide legged bottoms.

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  6. $1 buck has never looked this fantastic! Loved the tassel necklace! Those jeans were made for you!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't believe you can actually can find stuff for $1, I doubt i'd ever find that in England. The jeans are gorgeous.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG are you serious? you get amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just don't have your thrifting skills girl...that is TRULY amazing. The jeans, the shirts, the statement necklaces...you know I love me some vintage/thrift jewelry and those two pieces are no exception..
    but what really has my mouth open in awe is the way those jeans fit w/out any alteration or anything OMG...you look like a Charlies Angel!!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great finds! Love the $1 blouse! My recent thrifting treasures have been a $1 bow blouse, a $1 blue midi skirt and $3 hot pink blazer! Love it and yes, it IS an addiction! All have been worn with pride and are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's where you can see my thrift finds:

    The $1 bow blouse: http://bit.ly/nWert6
    The $3 pink blazer: http://bit.ly/r0cdNq

    And I lied! I haven't worn the $1 midi skirt yet. I just got it last week and haven't cleaned it yet. Lol.

    And I have most DEFINITELY created a monster. I even have to sit with her in a dressing room as she tries on things because she's done the same with me FOREVER. Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Carly - thanks so much! A Charlie's Angel? Wow. That's a stellar compliment.

    My Dressy Ways - off to check out your scores...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, can't wait to see what you find every weekend (and it also makes me feel better about my own addiction haha!)! Question: Do you get rid of old stuff fairly often too? That's my problem, have to get rid of the old to make room for the new (old)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ThisTinder - hi! Love hearing from fellow thrift addicts! ha! I'm always trying to make room for "new" stuff, so I'm constantly rotating, yes. But I usually gift stuff to my sisters, do as giveaways, or if it's a piece that can be reworked, my design partner and I make a Secondhand Star piece. We're going to be selling items soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe this! Amazing finds, and those jeans look killer on you. I am so jealous your thrift store does this - I need to find one around here that does too!

    xx
    Marissa
    www.stylecusp.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOve it, I think its fair to say it was well worth the $1? lol oh yea

    A Girl's Next Best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those jeans are amazing on you - I absolutely love them and the price couldn't be any better!

    I love the tassel necklace too. I've been very into tassels lately, buying earrings and a bracelet, but I didn't get the tassel neckalce I saw. I think I might have to go back for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what an amazing find and they look great on you. My mom also visits her local thrift store every week and finds amazing stuff. I would love to go but no way my kids would last in a thrift store. I can swing stores like TJ Maxx or Marshalls cause they have a kid/toy section but not the thrift stores I like to visit.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVEEE a great deal good job girl!!! I left ALL my money at the Gap this weekend....didn't get any bottoms for $1 but I think I did pretty well....

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such an inspiration. I bought a pack of gum today that cost more than your funky jeans. Looking forward to more of your thrift posts. My husband would encourage me to read these- hahaha! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! Thriftjuice here!

    Wow! Amazing deals! You just can't go wrong with dollar deals! Jealous face!

    I went thrifting today as well....it is such a joy isn't it!

    Cheers!
    www.thriftjuice.com

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are kidding me. I am SO jealous its not right! You look absolutely fabulous in those babies too! I'm glad there is another normal girl who crazily stands outside the door waiting for 10am too... whew...

    xoxo, Devon


    http://www.devonrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with you on the charity shop addiction! And I'm extremely envious of those jeans - they are PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo, which thrift shop in LA? I want to check it out!
    KB
    http://redcarpetcloset.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a big thrifting addiction too. you are always so stylish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...