Calypso in Mexico (pronounced Meh-hee-Ko)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's funny that I mentioned I couldn't wait to wear this little Calypso tunic (featured in a story about designer Heidi Merrick here) because the morning I slipped it on (over saltwater hair, sleepy coffee cup in hand)...
I couldn't help but notice that directly across from our balcony view, was this building:
Realizing that the rest of the world (and designers of note) take inspiration from these beautiful people, creating beautiful treasures.
After sneaking off to do some market shopping (a thank you gift for my sis, a threaded gato for our monkey, and a belt I wish I had purchased for 50 pesos! ~ That's around $4, people. Shame.)
I enjoyed the rest of my coffee in the sand...
Until my beloved tunic became way too much fabric, and the heat beckoned me to slip into something a bit tinier and of the bikini persuasion.
Mmmmm..... Paradise.

12 comments:

  1. ohh this looks like a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so fun and relaxing! I wish I'm on vacation!

    www.thewallflowerstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Love the tunic and want to take home one of those adorable kids. Have fun!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pronunciation! So glad you are enjoying my country! Traditional embroided dress loks fab on you, don't we have a lovely weather?

    <3 Cess O.
    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and what a lovely location...loving your beach dress!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so stunning pics. longing for summer.. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that dress! Gorgeous photos...oh I miss Mexico...playa del carmen to be exact!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was married in Playa del Carmen! Such a great little spot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh so sweet! how lucky to be in Paradise for a few days!! i'm so hoping when my hubby gets back from deploying that we can go somewhere warm for our 10yr anniversary BEFORE he deploys AGAIN, ahh yes, such is my life haha! love you in the tunic, super cute!

    hillary
    www.helpamutha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it looks like paradise.. makes me more impatient for my getaway though! Glad you're enjoying yours...
    Ps. You manage to look so fresh and chic in that heat. My fringe would be plastered to my forehead no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. So makes me want to be on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning photos! I really want to go there some day

    x Emma www.stylerituals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...