What to wear to a Baby Shower

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Over the weekend I attended the most lovely baby shower. It seems an unlikely spot to celebrate on Sunset Blvd. in the heart of Hollywood, but somehow it was just perfect. 
With this spectacular weather we've been having in L.A., it was the warm sun on our faces, and the view overlooking the city, that had us sighing just about as much as the mom-to-be's adorable belly. 

I got this twirl inducing skirt last fall in anticipation of the oncoming brights of spring.  (Also worn here) I know you must think I'm exaggerating when I declare my $1.00 finds - but this too was one of them. 
It was the perfect day to wear it and the whole outfit just felt feminine and happy (not unlike what a baby shower should be!)
This vintage shirt was a gift for my birthday from one of my best friends (does she know me well, or what?) and I didn't think I could wear it tucked in until I tried it with one of my favorite, worn-in leather belts. 
These Stuart Weitzman's could possibly be the best shoe investment I ever made. They go with everything.
I arrived home contemplating life and love and the entire glorious, beautiful process of it all... then snuggled up tightly to my own little one, feeling just lucky enough.


For Jenny ~ 
So incredibly happy for you. xx

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit :D
    Your red skirt is really lovely!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Love the skirt and the blouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pop of color in that twirly skirt and that delicate shirt is so sweet!
    i also loved your more rocker leather pants and earrings were uh-mazing in the last post!

    Hillary
    www.helpamutha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous outfit, I need more skirts like that :)

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful ;)))
    http://mademoiselleandcomag.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/cindy-crawford-for-futureclaw-5-by-andrew-macpherson-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look lovely!

    New, classy outfit on my blog !! http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/2011/02/very-classy-and-elegant-outfit-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pleated tea length skirts, and I too can never resist twirling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow i love this outfit. The skirt is gorgeous and i love the pleats in the top and the belt and shoes...everything about it is perfect!

    Come check out my giveaway

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is hands down my favorite of yours. You look so beautiful and the colors are just great! Love love LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That red skirt is fabulous! It looks so sun-shiney & warm there, too. I'm jealous :(

    XXXO
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty! And I love the new blog header!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this whole outfit is to die for... literally i would die for it... maybe, i'm just saying i love everything about it! that top and skirt and belt look so freaken good together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in LOVE with this outfit! That top looks vintage to and is just my style. I really need to start wearing red lipstick. You look fab!

    xo marcie

    ps- stop by tomorrow, I am hosting my first giveaway ever and it is L'Occatine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsers!! That skirt is just to-die-for. Love this outfit. :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shower outfit. I love that shirt, such great detail and that skirt for a $1 is just incredible. The platform sandals do look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful!
    love your tattoo too, by the wayy! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit. You can tell you felt pretty in it.
    kb
    http://redcarpetcloset.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous outfit! Im so jealous of your wonderful $1 finds, the thrift shopping in NZ is rather crap im afraid :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. did you have you have that skirt altered at all or did it just work? love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't have it altered at all! It was perfection as-is. Which is pretty cool considering the tea length is really in right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in love with your blog! You are such an inspiration! And your look so fab and retro in these pics. Keep inspiring us newbie bloggers ;)

    http://fashion-isha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can NEVER go wrong with Stuart. His shoes last FOREVER...you just can't kill them.

    Love love love the girlie vibe of this outfit...I adore wearing sweet over the top girlie stuff to baby/bridal showers....we just never get the chance to dress like that otherwise...and it just feels so "right" for those type of events, no?
    C

    ReplyDelete
  23. came across your blog and loved the story behind its name. i can't help but want to meet this november grey...
    this a beautiful outfit and the blouse is fabulous.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, LOVE THIS!!!! You are stunning! xo

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...