Know your Muses/Cate Blanchett Oscars 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

She was flawless. Simply flawless. I didn't stick around for the fashion commentary, nor have I read any fashion reviews on it yet, but I don't care. It made me sit up in bed. (Yes, we watched the oscars in our pajamas in bed, and yes, I sat up. And gasped.)


Look at the detail! And these pictures don't even do it justice. The colors were quite vibrant on screen.


I just love her. She nailed it. She made this intricate Givenchy number look easy. Even the hubs sat up in bed and said "She's so gorgeous. She's real" ~ Well, that was a stab at all the botoxed and pulled actresses he can't stand to look at, but when a man can get behind a unique look like this, it definitely says something.



I love the idea (in my Givenchy dreams) of wearing this with my dark hair pin straight and long in back (casual hair, killer dress) and just letting the stunning back detail poke out as my hair moves with the fabric...

Yep, this pretty much sums up one of my fashion fantasies. (Sigh) What was your favorite look of the night?

1&2 - Getty Images
3 - Givenchy Spring 2011

13 comments:

  1. Looove this dress ;))
    http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=5503

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, all I want is to be her. That's all I want. sigh.
    xx t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she is amazing. Check out a vintage take on oscar dresses here.

    Secondhand Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad we agree! When I saw her on the red carpet I shouted out SHE LOOKS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! My husband agreed, which says a lot as well. She totally nailed it! I was so afraid that people were going to hate it but I'm so glad it was so well received!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite outfit too! I love, love, love , love it!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved Mila Kunis in that lavendar elie saab dress... stunning! i do agree that cate blanchett rocked that dress!!

    xo, allie
    accordingtoallieblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the simple gown of Michelle Williams! :D
    Have a great week girl!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. she´s really wearing an original dress!! I follow you from Spain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't agree more about her being real and refreshing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. She received a lot of criticism today on this dress. I was there at the Oscars covering the red carpet and I have to say it looked better live than on TV. She was stunning on that red carpet.
    :) KB
    http://redcarpetcloset.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit when I first saw the dress i was thinking "What in the world does Cate have on?". But the more I look at the dress, the more I fall in love with the details. The dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post :)

    want to hear your thoughts on beso
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com/2011/02/shop-it-all-at-besocom.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...