For the love of Sisterhood

Monday, February 14, 2011

I know some people view Valentine's Day as a silly and commercialized holiday that forces the masses to spend money, give weak attempts at gifts, and make the unattached feel even lonelier. And to those I say... I feel you. I understand. But turn your head if you must...

Because I like this holiday.  I like celebrating love.

So all week I'll be sharing my most special loves with you.  Happy V-week. xx
As I've mentioned several times before, my sisters are my heart and soul. They inspire and encourage me more than any friend ever has. Well, because their love is unconditional. 
We've been through a whole hell of a lot together... so when something amazing happens to one of them... I can't wait to celebrate.
Over the weekend, little sis and I headed out to Abbot Kinney to toast her gig at the Grammy's.
She has this special kind of way of inspiring creativity...
 Wherever we go...
Whatever we do...
And in whatever we wear...
It's no surprise she's becoming one of the top artists in her industry.
And I couldn't be more proud.
Red thrifted mumu
Black F21 mini skirt
 H&M necklace

14 comments:

  1. Lovely post...I have two sisters and they are my besties too...would just die without their conversation, support and unconditional love.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. "heart and soul" I love it. I love to see others sisters who are best friends.
    I love those boots.
    ~Sophie
    Sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous... nothing like the love, support and inspiration of family - however you define that! Can't wait to see the other loves.
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful.... Love these pics
    http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=2094

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, sweet photos :) Hope you have a good Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that kimono! Be sure to enter the lingerie giveaway on my blog :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell her I said congrats! Happy Valentine's Day!

    http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. jesus. youre amazing.
    following <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! You are absolutely right, the love of your family is unconditioned, and that makes it the best kind of love ever.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe that's so sweet. Nothing better than sisterly love!! Love the red cardi!!!

    Happy V-day!

    xoxo,
    melrod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your Val's day was cool. Love the pics. You girls are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice photos..i love this look how your dressed up but kept it kinda rocker chic with edge with the boots and the red jacket!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are wonderful :) What is she doing at the grammys?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...