Heat Wave: Abbot Kinney Festival!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Angeleno's... can I get an amen?  How hot was it this weekend?!  And apparently this heat wave isn't over yet,  so hopefully you haven't packed away all of your summer gear (like I have!)
 I basically threw an old lacy dress over a slip and headed out the door (family in tow!)
There was much to see and do, despite the scorching heat.  Including my favorite past time...
I was truly in my element when I spotted a sidewalk sale from one of Abbot's finest vintage, selling a basket full of goodies for $5!  I found an adorable peach dress (circa late 70's/early 80's), that will be perfection once I have it tailored a bit.  (Just you wait!)
I also noticed this Bare Essentials makeup truck (that I keep seeing everywhere!) that does quick makeup touch ups.  What do we think, girls ~ would you stop here?
Oh, and I practically stalked this girl to try and snap a picture.  She was so lovely with her bright red flower, & matching matte red lips, cycling around the festival...
If the lines weren't so long for lemonade, and the heat wasn't practically unbearable, we would have stayed a bit longer...
 Perhaps to do some antiquing for our little bungalow...
We opted instead for a six pack on the walk home, and some back yard hammock swinging... 
 OK, summer... jokes over.  Can we have our fall back now?
xx

21 comments:

  1. I just love sitting back and reading about you, it's almost like I'm watching a little movie with all of your stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glasses! Very cute!

    Also, $5 bin??! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! :D
    and yes, i would stop at the bare essentials make up truck!

    (: looks like a fabulous time.

    <3 dennica pearl
    - through the eyes of a pearl
    - vintage shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos! You look so effortlessly chic : ) and I agree, the woman with the red flower is fab!

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, thank you for the comment on the trunk case :D

    i adore your love for vintage, and id really love for you to get it! [:

    you're one of my friends, so if you want to negotiate on a price, let me know.

    <3 dennica pearl
    - through the eyes of a pearl
    - vintage shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that look you are wearing... the pretty comfortable dress with lace and light color, the flats and sunglasses :)
    You look fresh even though it was hot.... I am kinda envious too as I would have LOVED to be there and get some shopping done. OH VINTAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! i love that dress on you; you're gorgeous anyway. and how cute is the little one! =)

    http://quenchfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that last pic of you, despite the heat you look fab!

    The girl with the beautiful rose looks gorgeous too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your photos !
    Love your dress ;)

    http://elleandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the glasses, too! Your photos are so charming. It looks like such a marvelous afternoon, heat wave aside. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!
    ur dress is sooo lovely and well matched with those glasses!

    wonderfully fashion

    xx,
    JON
    http://jonathonfashionvictim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like it was fun despite the heat! You look so cute in ur dress!:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful in your lace dress and sunglasses!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1st u look beyond - 2nd i wish i could of went to that fair!!!

    PS: i'm hosting my FIRST give-away - come on by and enter!!! - $45 worth of goodness!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika

    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello
    I just would love to say that I loved your blog, you´re so creative and I think it´s so cool :)
    pls support my new fashion blog?
    www.eris-in-dreamland.blogspot.com
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. you and stella are too charming for words, in your little white frocks :) i'm so happy you had an equally sunny, glorious weekend with your loves....we're still riding out our heat wave, too!
    xo,
    sylvie of silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look super pretty! LOVE the specs! :D

    And, I'm JEALOUS of your vintage afternoon! That market looks like so much fun! I could treasure hunt for dayyyzzz

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are awesome. The heat continues here in L.A.... and I continue to melt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How so super fun are you and your blog. Just adorable. Your style is fabulous, loving those glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Dress

    http://svpeany.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...